Keith Bigelow of Danville, California.
Entrepreneur, Web Designer
and SEO expert.
Inc. 500 Award Winner 1985, 1986, 1987
Hi! I'm Keith Bigelow.
Nice to meet you.
Maybe you made your way here after seeing me on "This is Life with Lisa Ling". If not, click here for more info.
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, in an extremely abusive and neglectful family. As a child, there were many days I didn't think I would survive, but not only did I survive, I thrived.
Interesting tidbits about me:
I've come to realize, through my personal journey, that it's my mission in life to help other abuse survivors know they are not alone and that healing is possible. If you are an abuse survivor yourself, check out my resources section below.
- My first business venture was at age five, when I began collecting deposit bottles to help feed myself and my twin brother.
- At age 14 I started a successful printing press business. One of my clients was the Piedmont Unified School District (where I was a student), so I even printed my own report card!
- At age 21 I started a business with a $100 investment, which eventually grew into an 8 million dollar a year company.
- I was once a semi-professional race car driver who was featured on ESPN.
- At age 25 I started seeing a therapist to help me heal from my abusive childhood. We worked together for 35 years!
- By age 30 I had been listed 3 times on Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500, a listing of the 500 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in the USA.
- At age 60 I started working with a surrogate partner therapist, and it has been a deeply healing experience.
- I love dogs, especially Boxers!
- I also love fly fishing!
You are not alone!
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Kaisers study about the adverse effects of childhood abuse on your health.
- San Francisco Sex Information Hotline
- Free, confidential, accurate, nonjudgmental information about sex.
- Emiko Yoshikami - Surrogate Partner Therapist
- Emiko is my Surrogate Partner Therapist and you'll see us working together on the video above. Surrogate Partner Therapy can give you the opportunity to explore greater levels of intimacy and can help you create a richer relationship with yourself and others.
- Sarah Theismann - Somatic Trauma Therapy
- Sarah Theismann's Somatic Trauma Healing utilizes the body as a doorway to gentle change, integration and transformation in all areas of life.
- Shauna Farabaugh - Somatic Sex Education
- Supporting people of all bodies, genders, sexualities, and sexual lifestyles in accessing and celebrating their fullest sexual expression.
- Sarah Kennedy - Sexuality Coach
- Sarah is a certified sex and relationship coach.
- Twin Dilemmas: Changing Relationships Throughout the Life Span
- My estranged twinship was discussed in this book by Dr. Barbara Klein.
- This is Sex with Lisa Ling
- Online series by Lisa Ling about sexuality.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is an effective non-medication treatment for anxiety, depression and PTSD.
- LENS Neurofeedback
- LENS was created as an alternative to medication for brain-based problems and is often used along with psychotherapy.
- Oxytocin is often called "the love hormone." In fact, the hormone plays a huge role in all pair bonding. The hormone is greatly stimulated during sex, birth, and breastfeeding..
- IPSA - International Professional Surrogates Association
IPSA supports a worldwide community of professionals in the field of surrogate partner therapy, which includes surrogate partners, therapists, and individuals in need of and supportive of surrogate partner therapy.
- Psychology Today
- An excellent resource to help you find a qualified therapist, psychiatrist or treatment facility.
- 1in6 | Support For Men - Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- For men whose lives have been disrupted by unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, working through it can help turn things around..
- Male Survivor - Helpful resource for Men
- In 2014, the Centers for Disease Control estimated that over the course of the lifespan at 1 in 4 males overall will experience some form of sexual trauma.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- RAINN is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization serving women and men.
- Honest-Ribbon.org | End Violence Against Everyone
- Female Perpetrators of Intimate Abuse.
- The Long-Term Effects of Child Sexual Abuse by Female Perpetrators
- Although the long-term effects of sexual abuse by men have been studied extensively, minimal research has explored the effects of sexual abuse by women. This qualitative study explores the experience and long-term impact of sexual abuse by women, especially by Mothers.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and the children of veterans and POW's
- What is happening with these kids is what mental health professionals call "secondary traumatization" and "intergenerational transmission of trauma," according research that can be found on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.